Christmas in WV

Christmas in WV
What a beautiful place to be...

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Ouch! my brain hurts...

Well, another Ohio eTech Conference has come and gone. I learned so many new things, had many other things I knew about clarified and still some things completely blew me away. Obviously technology is changing the way we all learn. This blog is proof of that. I would never have guessed just 10 years ago, that I would spend time putting thoughts onto the web for others to read if they wanted to take the time.

But back to how it is changing how we teach. The tools we have access to on-line and the hardware we can put in kids hands to help them learn is amazing! Not to mention the prices are really cheep if you think about it... my first laptop back in '94 was an LCD monitor with Windows 3.1 and cost me $1000! I saw a slick razor type notebook yesterday that the monitor came off to create a tablet, that would then dock to its keyboard....$630 amazing...

Time to use the best we have for the best we teach (that's all of them!). Make the most of what is available and do your best to give your best every day. The next generation is counting on us!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Jeff!

    Keeping up with your blog well, I see! ;)

    Will you be at the Ohio eTech Conf 2013? From what I understand, leadership has changed so it will be massively different. I'm not sure that I will be teaching Twitter 101. I have my hands full with our three boys and I'm homeschooling now! We will more than likely be there though as my husband is working it with his cousin for ShinyDoor. Keep an eye out for us!

    Gen Simrak

    ReplyDelete